The United National peacekeeping mission in the DRC, Monusco, said it was working with local authorities to bring those responsible for a helicopter attack, which left a South African soldier dead, to book. Eyewitness News reports that the peacekeeper died when the UN helicopter came under fire in the city of Goma in the North Kivu province Sunday. Monusco says attacks against the helicopter, bearing the UN emblem, constituted a war crime.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised