Farmworker unions and an ANC member of the Western Cape legislature, Pat Marran, has called for a thorough investigation into yesterday’s accident in the Boland in which 37 farmworkers were involved. Newsflash reports that a worker was killed when the 40-ton open truck crashed, while one worker was seriously injured and 20 were taken to hospital. The accident happened between De Doorns and Worcester. Marran referred to a similar accident in the Boland last year and says workers need and deserve safer transport.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria