Mandatory vaccination policies have taken centre stage in South Africa’s tertiary education sector as thousands of pupils and staff at these institutions prepare for the start of the 2022 academic year. News24 reports that University of Western CapeSRC president Phumelelani Mshumo said the SRC had been receiving numerous complaints from students, especially those embarking on their first year of study who feared losing the opportunity to access university facilities due to the policy. Mshumo warned that he felt a protest was brewing, a sentiment shared by others.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism