Mandatory vaccination policies have taken centre stage in South Africa’s tertiary education sector as thousands of pupils and staff at these institutions prepare for the start of the 2022 academic year. News24 reports that University of Western CapeSRC president Phumelelani Mshumo said the SRC had been receiving numerous complaints from students, especially those embarking on their first year of study who feared losing the opportunity to access university facilities due to the policy. Mshumo warned that he felt a protest was brewing, a sentiment shared by others.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho