Mandatory vaccination policies have taken centre stage in South Africa’s tertiary education sector as thousands of pupils and staff at these institutions prepare for the start of the 2022 academic year. News24 reports that University of Western CapeSRC president Phumelelani Mshumo said the SRC had been receiving numerous complaints from students, especially those embarking on their first year of study who feared losing the opportunity to access university facilities due to the policy. Mshumo warned that he felt a protest was brewing, a sentiment shared by others.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops