The Ministers Responsible for Gender and Women’s Affairs from the Southern African Development Community member states will be in Lilongwe, Malawi on 10 June, to review progress on the implementation of the gender and development programmes in the region. The ministers will track the progress on the implementation of the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development, and also review the SADC Regional Multi-dimensional Women Economic Empowerment Programme, aimed at increasing women-owned businesses’ and female entrepreneurs’ participation in value addition for selected sectors and regional value chains.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised