The Ministers Responsible for Gender and Women’s Affairs from the Southern African Development Community member states will be in Lilongwe, Malawi on 10 June, to review progress on the implementation of the gender and development programmes in the region. The ministers will track the progress on the implementation of the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development, and also review the SADC Regional Multi-dimensional Women Economic Empowerment Programme, aimed at increasing women-owned businesses’ and female entrepreneurs’ participation in value addition for selected sectors and regional value chains.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid