Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, South Africa, and Eswatini convened the first-ever Investment Roundtable to discuss how SACU can be positioned as an industrial and manufacturing hub through the development of regional value chains. The roundtable which took place in Gaborone from 12 to 13 April showcased 36 bankable projects or investment and export opportunities by the Investment Promotion Agencies in the SACU Member States. Possible solutions to finance industrialisation that include infrastructure that supports trade and export promotion were also explored.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho