Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, South Africa, and Eswatini convened the first-ever Investment Roundtable to discuss how SACU can be positioned as an industrial and manufacturing hub through the development of regional value chains. The roundtable which took place in Gaborone from 12 to 13 April showcased 36 bankable projects or investment and export opportunities by the Investment Promotion Agencies in the SACU Member States. Possible solutions to finance industrialisation that include infrastructure that supports trade and export promotion were also explored.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera