A Ministerial Task Team could not establish “whether or not there was any malice on the part of any official” in the South African National Defence Force’s dodgy deal worth R215 million to buy Interferon from Cuba. But, News24 reports, the MTT’s report did however set red lights flashing about the “misclassification” of an invoice for the first consignment of the drug worth more than R33 million, and while Defence and Military Veterans Minister Thandi Modise said she had been assured all the vials [of the drug] had been returned to Cuba, she insisted that “action must be taken on this matter”.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500