A Ugandan national, dubbed the Sandton ‘Tinder Swindler’, has been granted R500 000 bail on allegations of fraud and money laundering. News24 reports that the magistrate, Nishani Beharie, set the hefty bail amount for Amon Amonelo Namara because of the gravity of the charges. The 43-year-old appeared in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday. He stands accused of defrauding a woman of R3 million by coercing her to invest the money in his new business venture.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera