A Ugandan national, dubbed the Sandton ‘Tinder Swindler’, has been granted R500 000 bail on allegations of fraud and money laundering. News24 reports that the magistrate, Nishani Beharie, set the hefty bail amount for Amon Amonelo Namara because of the gravity of the charges. The 43-year-old appeared in the Johannesburg Magistrate’s Court on Wednesday. He stands accused of defrauding a woman of R3 million by coercing her to invest the money in his new business venture.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho