South Africa’s Environmental lobby groups on Thursday welcomed a decision by the High Court in Makhanda to dismiss an application for leave to appeal a ruling, which halted a seismic survey off the wild coast. Eyewitness News reports that the application was brought by oil giant Shell and the Mineral Resources Minister Gwede Mantashe.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho