South Africa’s Environmental lobby groups on Thursday welcomed a decision by the High Court in Makhanda to dismiss an application for leave to appeal a ruling, which halted a seismic survey off the wild coast. Eyewitness News reports that the application was brought by oil giant Shell and the Mineral Resources Minister Gwede Mantashe.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera