For the first time since March 2020, South Africans might soon be able to rid themselves of masks entirely. According to a letter Health Minister Joe Phaahla sent out to MECs, the country has exited the 5th wave and can, therefore, consider repealing Covid-19 regulations. New24 reports that the letter also recommends that the country drop its entry requirements for travellers. At the moment, travellers are expected to show a vaccination certificate, or a negative Covid-19 test.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised