South Africa’s official opposition party, the Democratic Alliance is forging ahead with its call for early elections following the release of the Section 89 report into the Phala Phala burglary. The DA has on Monday submitted a motion to the National Assembly Speaker to dissolve the National Assembly. Eyewitness News reports that DA leader John Steenhuisen wants President Cyril Ramaphosa to set dates for a snap election in early 2023. He said that the African National Congress (ANC) had lost its mandate to govern.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera