South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, whose government has been criticized for refusing to condemn Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, today blasted the UN Security Council as ‘outdated’ and in dire need of an overhaul. The AFP news agency reports that the continental powerhouse has maintained a non-aligned stance, touting negotiation as the best option to end the conflict despite international outrage and condemnation. It has so far abstained from voting in two UN resolutions adopted over the war.
- Hyphen Hydrogen Energy signs non-binding Memorandums of Understanding with two major industrial companies
- Another twist revealed in the R1 billion South Africa Tourism investment saga
- Pope Francis wraps up visit to Democratic Republic of Congo
- Travel and Tourism Forum launched National Tour Guide Registration Database for local tourism industry
- Zimbabwe’s Central Bank allows for exporters to keep 75% of foreign currency