South African President Cyril Ramaphosa, whose government has been criticized for refusing to condemn Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, today blasted the UN Security Council as ‘outdated’ and in dire need of an overhaul. The AFP news agency reports that the continental powerhouse has maintained a non-aligned stance, touting negotiation as the best option to end the conflict despite international outrage and condemnation. It has so far abstained from voting in two UN resolutions adopted over the war.
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho
- Namibia, Botswana border post slows logistics industry