News24 reports that all the top cops in South Africa ‘knew’ about the robbery at President Cyril Ramaphosa’s game farm. The country’s newly appointed national police commissioner Fannie Masemola and his predecessor, Khehla Sitole, have been drawn into the mire surrounding a secretive and off-the-books police investigation into the burglary two years ago. The media outlet revealed that in the days after the theft of the cash top brass in the Crime Intelligence Division were tasked with the backchannel tracing of the loot and those who stole it. The secretive approach, seemingly outside of conventional investigative methods, has added to the murk surrounding the cash and its source.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised