Minister of Agriculture, Water and Land Reform Calle Schlettwein earlier this week motivated the ratification of the revised 2018 Orange-Senqu River Basin Commission Agreement during a Parliament session. Nampa reports Schlettwein explained that the revision of the agreement was necessitated by the need to negotiate reasonable and equitable access of Namibia to the waters of the perennial rivers on the country’s borders and to align the agreements with the framework provided by the revised SADC Protocol on Shared Watercourses, the SADC Water Policy and the SADC Water Strategy.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria