China’s financial hub of Shanghai is beginning to reopen after weeks of COVID-19 lockdowns. Health officials say the strict measures have stopped the transmission of the virus, but they’re tightening the rules in Beijing to prevent another outbreak. More than 180 companies, including automakers, tech firms, and even breweries say they’ve been hit by China’s lockdown.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid