China’s financial hub of Shanghai is beginning to reopen after weeks of COVID-19 lockdowns. Health officials say the strict measures have stopped the transmission of the virus, but they’re tightening the rules in Beijing to prevent another outbreak. More than 180 companies, including automakers, tech firms, and even breweries say they’ve been hit by China’s lockdown.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised