The Minister of Finance, Ipumbu Shiimi, announced the postponement of the implementation of the draft Regulation which was contemplated to be issued under the Financial Institutions and Markets Act, to allow adequate time for broader consultations on the envisaged regulation for compulsory preservation of the retirement benefits. Eben de Klerk from the Economic Policy Research Association says he’s pleased that they choose to consult further.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho