Authorities in Burkina Faso have announced the arrest of eight soldiers who are accused of plotting a coup. Among those arrested is a well-known former army commander who has reportedly been critical of the government. The justice ministry said an investigation on the matter had begun. The last coup in Burkina Faso took place seven years ago when a controversial military unit loyal to the ousted and exiled president, seized power.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho