South Africa’s President, Cyril Ramaphosa has said that the country has been approached to play a mediation role in the conflict between Russia and Ukraine. BBC Africa reports that Ramaphosa did not say who had made the approach but said he spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin on Thursday and urged him to seek a mediated solution to the conflict. He added that South Africa’s response to the war, by abstaining from a UN resolution condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, was not an indication that it had no regard for human rights.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised