The NotInMyName International organisation says 16 June, celebrated in South Africa as Youth Day, is a courageous story of pupils who gathered in Vilakazi street, Soweto, to protest against the educational injustices faced by black South African learners. The mass-based mobilisation civil rights movement says it continues to draw inspiration from the youth of 1976, while the organisation’s general-secretary, Themba Masango says young people should never look away from social injustices, but instead stand up in moments of great despair and say “not in my name”.
- Dr Karuaihe reveals his 100 days plan as Agribank CEO
- Possible 10-year sentence for sharing pics, videos of minors amid POPI Act
- Oil highest since 2014 as Turkey outage adds to tight supply outlook
- Zandile Mafe transferred to Pollsmoor Prison
- Namcor require unvaccinated staff to show a weekly negative PCR test