United Airlines SA has cancelled all flights due to a shortage of aviation fuel. This as jet fuel is no longer refined in South Africa and must be imported with a backlog having been formed due to the recent floods in KwaZulu-Natal that cut off the port of Durban import route. To get more information we contacted the International Air Transport Association’s Public and Media Relations Advisor, Linden Birns.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho