South Africa’s Minister of Home Affairs, Aaron Motsoaledi has insisted that only people with proof of Covid-19 certificates are allowed to cross at border posts and ports of entry. Motsoaledi says those who arrive with no Covid-19 certificates are given a repeat antigen test at the border and if it was found positive they are sent back, insisting that the government cannot receive people in South Africa in need of medical help.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria