South African companies are hiring admin clerks, receptionists, personal assistants, and human resources personnel as offices wake from a two-year slumber caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. Business Insider reports that businesses’ finance departments are also looking to swell their ranks, with hiring in bookkeeping, financial analysis, procurement, project accounting, and payroll processing increasing by 10%. Conversely, hiring activity in IT, which surged during lockdown as businesses pivoted to remote operations, has declined by 3%. And while all indicators point to employees returning to the office, a report by CareerJunction notes that remote work opportunities are unlikely to disappear.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho