South African companies are hiring admin clerks, receptionists, personal assistants, and human resources personnel as offices wake from a two-year slumber caused by the Covid-19 pandemic. Business Insider reports that businesses’ finance departments are also looking to swell their ranks, with hiring in bookkeeping, financial analysis, procurement, project accounting, and payroll processing increasing by 10%. Conversely, hiring activity in IT, which surged during lockdown as businesses pivoted to remote operations, has declined by 3%. And while all indicators point to employees returning to the office, a report by CareerJunction notes that remote work opportunities are unlikely to disappear.
- Russian soldier pleads guilty at Kyiv war crimes trial
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially