Parts of South India are on alert as Cyclone Asani makes its way along the coast. Flights have been cancelled and disaster response teams are on standby. Rebecca Bundhun reports from Mumbai that the extreme weather event comes as many places in India have been experiencing an intense heatwave.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho