Swimming South Africa has confirmed that two of its coaches will face disciplinary action for alleged sexual abuse and harassment. One of them is accused of grooming two teenage girls in the 1970s and 80s. Both of them are now in their 50s and have laid criminal charges. According to Sport24, SSA only decided on action against the two men after the group Women and Men Against Child Abuse launched a legal challenge against two of its high-ranking officials.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria