NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg says that the security concerns raised by Turkey in its opposition to Finland and Sweden joining NATO, including harbouring terrorists, are legitimate. Explaining that Turkey was a key NATO ally due to its strategic location on the Black Sea between Europe and the Middle East, Al Jazeera quotes Stoltenberg as saying that “We have to remember and understand that no NATO ally has suffered more terrorist attacks than [Turkey]”.
- EU adds 8 individuals to list of sanctions from DRC
- Windhoek resident assured veld fires are under control
- Zambia urged to strike debt restructuring deal with international creditors
- Ghana’s finance minister survives vote of no confidence
- African National Congress Integrity Commission to deliver Phala Phala report