The revenues of Egypt’s Suez Canal reached US$6.3 billion in 2021, the highest in the canal’s history, while also recording the largest annual net tonnages of 1.27 billion tons, compared to 1.17 billion tons in 2020, an increase of 8.5 percent. CGTN Africa quotes the Chairman of the Suez Canal Authority, Osama Rabie, as saying that a total of 20,694 ships passed through both directions of the canal, compared to 18,830 ships in 2020, with an unnamed official stressing that the records reflect the flexibility of the SCA in dealing with crises caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500