More than 30 websites in Mozambique – including that of the defence ministry – were down on Monday after being targeted by hackers. “Hacked by Yemeni hackers” was the message across the websites, with an image of a man wearing a headscarf and brandishing a machine gun. Herminio Jasse, the head of Mozambique’s National Institute of Electronic Government confirmed the cyberattack and said that the problem had been resolved. The BBC reports that analysts have called on the government to strengthen cybersecurity amid fears that the attack was carried out by jihadists.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500