Voters in Tanzania yesterday cast ballots in elections overshadowed by opposition allegations of “widespread irregularities”, including ballot-box stuffing, amid a massive internet slowdown. Al Jazeera reports that results declared by the electoral commission cannot be challenged in court, bringing urgency to vote-monitoring efforts, but the opposition said observers were turned away from scores of polling stations.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria