Tanzania’s Chadema opposition party leader Tundu Lissu is reportedly seeking refuge in the German embassy in Dar-es-salaam, confirming that he escaped to the embassy last week fearing for his life. Meanwhile another Chadema leader Godbless Lema is being held at a police post in Kenya after he illegally crossed into the country.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria