The Teachers Union of Namibia has announced plans to have teachers in all the regions to down tools after salary negotiations with the government reached a deadlock. TUN secretary-general Mahongora Kavihuha says the union is requesting an increment of 5% for the 2022/23 financial year, a 9% increment for housing allowance, and a 10% increase for transport allowance, as well as an additional 10% for motor vehicle allowance.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised