Texas executed 78-year-old Carl Buntion by lethal injection on Thursday. The AFP news agency reports that Buntion was the oldest man on death row in Texas, the conservative southern state which puts more prisoners to death than any other American state. In June 1990, he shot and killed Houston police officer James Irby during a routine traffic stop. At that point he already had a long criminal record and was out on parole after a conviction for sexually assaulting a minor. To read more about this story visit the News Blog page on the Future Media website.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500