Inspector General of the Namibian Police Force, Lieutenant General Joseph Shikongo has announced that the Namibian Police Force will conduct weekly cell searches at police holding cells across the country, to curb the smuggling of contraband into the cells, which has been on the increase. Shikongo said the introduction of the weekly search is necessitated by the increase of contraband found within the holding cells, hence the need for security mechanisms to be put in place to detect the smuggling of contraband in the police holding cells.
- Product codes starting with the number eight do not identify genetically modified produce
- Microsoft sees ‘new day’ in war with Google over AI search engines
- Why first 72 hours are crucial for Turkey-Syria quake rescues
- Direct support to small scale farmers reduces poverty – what Zambia is doing right
- Children pulled from rubble as Turkey-Syria quake toll tops 9,500