Regardless of the outcome, the 2020 presidential election in the USA will be one for the history books. The number of votes submitted by postal or in-person early votes are now almost 98 million – more than two-thirds of the total votes in 2016. The Washington Post reports that both Texas and Hawaii have already surpassed their 2016 turnout and North Carolina, Georgia and Florida are at 90-percent. A record 139 million people voted in 2016 but it’s almost certain the turnout for 2020 will better.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria