In what could be a sign of the times, Free State police in South Africa arrested two foreign nationals for attempting to hijack a fuel tanker at midnight on Thursday. A police spokesperson said three vehicles had allegedly been in pursuit of the tanker, with one individual having gotten onto the tanker’s trailer and attempted to “hook it off”. The driver managed to escape, and reported the incident to the police who “immediately activated Highway Patrol … [which] found the truck as well as two of the suspects.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism