Impact Oil & Gas Limited, a privately-owned, Africa-focused, exploration company today announced a major light oil with associated gas discovery approximately 290 kilometres off the coast of Namibia. CEO Siraj Ahmed said that the discovery “has exceeded [their] pre-drill expectations,” and “as Namibia’s second important discovery in recent weeks, it confirms the enormous potential of the Orange Basin as an emerging major hydrocarbon province”. The Venus-1X discovery well was drilled by TotalEnergies EP Namibia B.V, on behalf of a joint venture group comprising TotalEnergies, QatarEnergy, Impact (through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Impact Oil and Gas Namibia (PTY) Ltd), and Namcor. Impact also holds an 18.89% working interest in the adjacent Block 2912, where it is partnered with TotalEnergies, QatarEnergy, and NAMCOR.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho