In 2020 Town Councils across the country were instructed to provide water to all residents, irrespective of the state of their accounts during the Covid-19 pandemic. This has caused water bills to accumulate and as a result, municipalities owe NamWater an estimated $ 1.2 billion.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised