Former ANC heavyweight Trevor Manuel wants media personality JJ Tabane to be interdicted from claiming he was part of the formation of Cope, and to apologise to him and pay R100 000 in damages. News24 reports that on Wednesday, Manuel filed an urgent application, dated 18 May, in the Gauteng High Court to force Tabane to retract and apologise for his comments. Sbusiso Leope, better known as DJ Sbu and host of The Hustler’s Corner SA podcast, was cited as the second respondent.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised