Former ANC heavyweight Trevor Manuel wants media personality JJ Tabane to be interdicted from claiming he was part of the formation of Cope, and to apologise to him and pay R100 000 in damages. News24 reports that on Wednesday, Manuel filed an urgent application, dated 18 May, in the Gauteng High Court to force Tabane to retract and apologise for his comments. Sbusiso Leope, better known as DJ Sbu and host of The Hustler’s Corner SA podcast, was cited as the second respondent.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid