Former US President Donald Trump praised Vladimir Putin in a podcast interview on Tuesday, describing the Russian president’s justification for invading Ukraine as “savvy” and “genius”. Trump claimed that the reason the Russian president chose to invade Ukraine now — rather than during his own presidency — is because he had a better relationship with Putin than President Joe Biden does, while in the same interview tying the situation in Ukraine to longstanding conservative grievances about immigration, saying that the US should use military force akin to that used by Russia to ensure security along the US-Mexico border. Meanwhile Ukrainian parents have reportedly taken to sending their kids to school with stickers indicating their blood type.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho