Prompted by the ongoing strike by Shoprite workers, the Trade Union Congress of Namibia has called on Minister of Labour, Industrial Relations and Employment Creation, Utoni Nujoma, to urgently establish a wage commission that would set a standard salary for retail workers and move the sector away from what Tucna president Paulus Hango called “starving wages”. The Minister meanwhile, speaking to the Namibia press agency, said the establishment of such a commission is in the pipeline and is one of the things his ministry has been working hard on.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria