Trade Union Congress of Namibia has requested that Namibia Financial Institutions Supervisory Authority extend the set deadline for the Financial Institutions and Markets Act. Nbc reports that the union’s Secretary-General, Mahongora Kavihuha told Namfisa CEO Kenneth Matomola that after various meetings were held with NAMFISA and other stakeholders regarding the FIMA Draft Regulations several issues came up prompting the need for an extension. Kavihuha said a proper study needs to be carried out to further develop the draft regulations before the act can become operational.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho