Floods caused by torrential rains have hit two Turkish provinces that were devastated by last month’s earthquakes, killing at least 14 people and increasing the misery of thousands who were left homeless. The AFP news agency reports that images show the waters sweeping away cars and flooding temporary housing set up for earthquake victims. In one viral video, a man dressed in a beige suit and tie reaches out for help while floating down a surging stream alongside a piece of furniture. His fate remains unknown.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised