After all the political machinations of the previous days, the motion of no confidence in South African President Cyril Ramaphosa and the motion of no confidence in his Cabinet are to go ahead this afternoon.While the ATM’s last-ditch attempt to postpone its own motion didn’t get the green light from National Assembly Speaker Nosiviwe Mapisa-Nqakula, she did accede to one of the DA’s request that the voting is done by roll-call, where each MP’s name is read and they answer “yes” or “no”.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho