A Grade 10 pupil in South Africa has shot and killed another pupil before taking his own life, Gauteng officials said on Thursday. News24 reports that it is alleged that the two pupils had quarrelled during school hours. Their quarrel reportedly led to one of the pupils shooting the other in the head outside the school premises. The shooter allegedly then turned the gun on himself. Meanwhile, a 49-year-old male general assistant from the Kwa-Phalo Primary School in Soweto, was shot and killed at the school on Thursday morning. Both cases are being investigated.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops