A University of Cape Town economic’s lecturer has led the creation of an ‘EcoDoc’ app which bridges the language barrier when it comes to studying as it allows students to translate economic jargon into any one of South Africa’s 11 official languages of their choice to help them study. Business Insider reports that the app was developed after observing a discrepancy between students who spoke English as a first language and those who didn’t. The team are now looking to secure funding to expand its functionality, including through the addition of visual content that will complement and enhance the written explanations.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho