A University of Cape Town economic’s lecturer has led the creation of an ‘EcoDoc’ app which bridges the language barrier when it comes to studying as it allows students to translate economic jargon into any one of South Africa’s 11 official languages of their choice to help them study. Business Insider reports that the app was developed after observing a discrepancy between students who spoke English as a first language and those who didn’t. The team are now looking to secure funding to expand its functionality, including through the addition of visual content that will complement and enhance the written explanations.
- Chart of some of the World’s deadliest earthquakes
- Pop Culture biggest influencer on African youth, according report by Africa no Filter
- Mali government gives head of UN peacekeeping mission 48 hours to leave the country
- Ethiopian government sends $90 million to Tigrayan capital to help restart banking services
- South Africa records two confirmed cases of cholera