The University of Namibia Clinic recently provided general health check-ups on campus as part of the Directorate of Student Affairs annual health awareness week in collaboration with Namibian Planned Parenthood Association and the US Embassy’s DREAMS project. The initiative, themed ‘Your health is your wealth’, Unam’s Assistant Dean of Professional Services said, is aimed to educate the UNAM community while also providing free basic healthcare services such as pap smears, breast exams, HIV testing, and COVID-19 vaccinations, among other things. The overall goal, he said, is to raise awareness and foster a culture in which students seek health services even when they feel healthy.
- Twin crises: experts say nature and climate can’t be siloed
- ‘Tired and fed up’: UK nurses driven to radical action
- Independent schools across sub-Saharan Africa urged to “join mission to improve global education” by joining new representative body for the worldwide independent K-12 education sector
- Grinding inflation clouds ‘Black Friday’ shopping bonanza
- Asian markets mixed as easing Fed fears tempered by China Covid