The British government has announced a ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars in the UK. FSN reports that it’s part of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s long-awaited 10-point plan, with a commitment to make the UK carbon neutral by 2050 through a “green industrial revolution.” The country will play host to the UN’s COP26 international climate summit next year.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria