Ukraine plans to recall all its troops and equipment, including helicopters, from UN peacekeeping missions in Africa and Europe to help in the fight against Russian troops, Reuters news agency reports. Local Ukrainian media said on Tuesday that President Volodymyr Zelenskiy had issued an order for all Ukrainian soldiers and officers on UN peacekeeping missions to return home and join the resistance against the Russian forces. The biggest contingent of Ukrainians currently serve in the mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo known as Monusco.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho