Ukraine’s ambassador to South Africa has started writing letters to local businesses with significant assets in Russia, calling on them to “join the position of the entire civilised world” and stop “activities and cooperation” with Russia. “Any profit that Russia gets today [is going] into the war against the civilian population of Ukraine,” she told Fin24 on Thursday. One such company, Barloworld, whose subsidiary, Vostochnaya Technika, is the official Caterpillar dealer in some parts of Russia, has said it was planning to “hunker down and continue to support [their] customers in Russia”.
- South Africa set to unveil three-dimensional technology demonstration project
- Tanzanian government seize life stock from indigenous Maasi herders for conservation area and trophy hunting
- Algeria to move away from dependence fossil fuels
- United States one of South Africa’s biggest trading partners
- Rebels clash with DR Congo government troops