Former Congress of Democrats leader, and veteran politician, Ben Ulenga, says that the Veterinary Cordon Fence, or ‘Redline’, is the symbol of colonialism in Namibia and “must go”. Ulenga, in an interview with the Namibia press agency, explained that the fence cuts off those north of the Redline from participating in the mainstream economy,” stressing that “this is what the colonialists wanted and it is the case today”. Touching on the N$ 18 billion offered as reparation for atrocities committed by imperial German forces between 1904 and 1908, Ulenga said that the genocide should have enjoyed government’s attention immediately after independence.
- Plans Retrench Civil Servants Not Key: Scrap Deputy Ministers, Governors, SOEs, Cut Cabinet Ministers
- Zambia warns against anti-gay protest during Harris visit
- India celebrates birth of Namibian cheetah cubs
- Russia begins strategic nuclear missile exercises
- SA Food retailers pricing being scrutinised