United Nations Secretary General, Antonio Guterres is in West Africa for a four-day Ramadan solidarity visit. Ajeck Mangut reports that on his first stop in Senegal, Guterres said the war in Ukraine is aggravating a “triple food, energy and financial crisis” across Africa, and has called for a steady flow of food and energy in open markets, devoid of unnecessary export restrictions.
- Compassionate Leave as provided for under Section 25 of the Labour Act, 2007 (No. 11 of 2007
- African scientists and technology could drive future black hole discoveries
- Guterres launches climate ‘Marshall Plan’
- South Africans struggling financially
- Belarus introduces death penalty for ‘attempted’ terrorism