United Nations Secretary General, Antonio Guterres is in West Africa for a four-day Ramadan solidarity visit. Ajeck Mangut reports that on his first stop in Senegal, Guterres said the war in Ukraine is aggravating a “triple food, energy and financial crisis” across Africa, and has called for a steady flow of food and energy in open markets, devoid of unnecessary export restrictions.
- American beats Russian to lead UN telecoms agency
- World Heart Day 2022: Experts identify significant gaps in awareness, diagnosis and prevention of heart failure in the Middle East and Africa
- More Ugandan troops killed in helicopter crash
- Bank of England intervenes in bond market
- Dangerous pattern of abuse in Lesotho