The Namibia Public Workers Union’s General Secretary Petrus Nevonga, said that claims by Affirmative Repositioning Movement leader Job Amupanda that the union is captured by the ruling party Swapo is baseless. “What is his role when it comes to issues affecting workers? At which point did he get involved in this issue? Does he know what he is talking about?, because his role in the issues of workers will be determined by his knowledge, otherwise it is a baseless statement made by someone who doesn’t know what he is talking about,” said Nevonga.
- Coffee prices soar as Brazil is hit by bad weather
- Sending in the army doesn’t solve the underlying issues in South Africa says academic
- Namibia still assisting drought-stricken Angolans
- Military not a magic bullet: South Africa needs to do more for long term peace
- BioNTech sets its sights on Malaria